By Isiaq Olumodan
President Muhammadu Buhari has declared that he has done his best in serving Nigerians since 2015.
He said this at the State House in Abuja on Thursday while receiving a delegation from King Salman of Saudi Arabia.
He said Nigerians in the areas affected by Boko Haram insurgency are in the best position to provide correct assessments of the changes that have taken place since he assumed office in 2015.
President Buhari said his administration was mindful of the three-pronged promises made to Nigerians before the 2015 elections, assuring that he remained undeterred and focused on securing the lives and properties of all Nigerians.
“From the very time we came until now, we have been able to do our best, and we remain focused on delivering on our promises,’’ he said.
President Buhari told the Saudi Arabian delegation that the priority of his administration had so far been on securing the country, buoying the economy and curbing corruption so that Nigerians would start benefitting from the rich natural and human resources of the country.
The President expressed appreciation to the King Salman Aid and Relief Centre, and the Saudi Development Fund for providing relief materials, worth 10 million dollars, to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in the North East.
In his remarks, the Minister of Defence, Mohammed Dan-Ali said the delegation from Saudi Arabia had already visited the Ministry of Defence, Defence Headquarters and taken a tour of IDP camps in Maiduguri as part of their schedule.
The Leader of the Saudi Arabian delegation from King Salman, Nasser Bin Mutlaq, said the visit and the donation of materials was an extension of the good relations both countries had shared over the years.
“We are directed to offer materials and food for the displaced persons in the North East worth 10 million dollars. We have had a field visit to the places and seen the humanitarian situation ourselves,’’ he added.