March 20, 2019
Top Stories

How five of my colleagues died during our abduction – Rescued Dapchi girl

One of the released Dapchi girls, simply identified as Fatsuma has revealed that the overcrowded Boko Haram vehicle led to the death of five of her colleagues when they were abducted in February.

Federal government, in the early hours on Wednesday had confirmed that 91 girls and one boy out of 110 abducted Dapchi girls were released unconditional by the Boko Haram terrorists.

Speaking with her father on telephone in Hausa Language, Fatsuma said Boko Haram vehicle who conveyed them to an unknown destination said was overcrowded and they began to be ‘stampeding’ one another.

She also told her father on how the abducted girls survived and released by Boko Haram after 30 days in captivity.

The girl said in Hausa, “Good morning my father, my name is Fatsuma. I thanked God that we have been released by Boko Haram.

“Five of our colleagues, including Aisha and Maimuna died in transit between where we were held captive to our school in Dapchi.

“My school mates died, because of overcrowding and stampede in the Nissan vehicles we were being transported and dropped outside the College premise.

“Some of us sat on other students, while traveling between Kangar hideout and Dapchi, our village, where we were abducted by insurgents.

On how they were treated, she said: “They have been giving us food. And in most cases, the insurgents even allow us to cook for ourselves.

“We were not harmed or tortured by any Boko Haram member since they abducted us in the school on Monday, February 19, 2018.”

She further disclosed that even the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) fighter jets could not identify the location where the girls were held.

“All of us were in an underground building called “Kangar,” said Fatsuma.

The father of Fatsuma greeted her daughter and asked where they were being taken to after their release by Boko Haram.

“Where are you now going to?” asked the father.

Fatsuma also responded that they are going to the hospital for screening of any disease they might have contacted during the 30-day Boko Haram captivity.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohamed also said in the midnight.

“The girls were released around 3am through back-channel efforts and with the help of some friends of the country.”

Chairman of Dapchi Parents Teachers Association (PTA), Bashir Manzo who addressed newsmen also said, “The girls have been brought back. The 76 schoolgirls were brought in nine vehicles not 91 and dropped outside the College premise this morning.”

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: