THE Federal Government on Sunday distanced itself from an advertisement trending on Social media that the beneficiaries of N-Power empowerment scheme will be converted to federal civil servants.
The purported advertisement which emanated last week had encouraged beneficiaries of the scheme to turn up at their various local councils to submit their credentials for the process of being absorbed to federal civil service.
The circulated report had said, “The federal government is directing all 2016 N-Power beneficiaries to go to their various LGAs and document all their credentials for immediate absorption as permanent officers of the Nigeria Civil service with effect from Monday 21st May 2018.”
But denying the advertisement on its Twitter handle (@N-Power) on Sunday, the government said the statement did not emanate from it, urging the general public to disregard such information.
“The message on Nigeria Civil service is not from us sir. Kindly disregard it. Our Facebook handle has a verified blue tick,” FG said on its Twitter handle.
N-Power is an initiative of the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government to address unemployment challenges in the country, which recorded 200,000 beneficiaries in the 2016 batch of the scheme.
Another round of 300,000 beneficiaries had been confirmed by the scheme and are awaiting deployment into identified areas of volunteerism. Each beneficiary receives N30,000 as monthly stipend.